New Server FAQ and Directory

New Server FAQ

We encourage customers to refer to this FAQ when they have questions about setting up and configuring their Cloud server with xByte. If you have any questions or need assistance performing any tasks on the server please don’t hesitate to contact our support team.

General

Where do I find my service login information?

• The following article walk you through the steps to find your Cloud server and service login credentials.

How do I invite additional users to my account?

Server Access

How do I access the server via RDP?

How do I setup and connect to my server via FTP?

• Customers can setup FileZilla FTP Server to connect to their server securely. We’ve provided a step-by-step guide for setting up and configuring FileZilla on your server below. If you run into any issues with the setup of this please reach out to our support team.

Web Server Setup

How do I create sites in IIS?

• The following article provides detailed steps on creating websites for your applications within IIS.

Database Management

How do I create and manage databases on the server?

MSSQL

• Using SQL Server Management Studio to manage your databases
  • MSSQL Backup & Restore

MySQL

• Using MySQL Workbench to manage your databases
  • MySQL Backup & Restore

DNS Management

Managing your DNS through CloudFlare

• Setting up a Cloudflare account

Why does xByte Cloud recommend Cloudflare to our customers?

Testing your Application

How to test your site before going live

There are a couple options available for testing your web application which we’ve outlined below.

• Option 1: Use a hosts file entry to make your local computer load the website from the new server.
  • Option 2: If you have a testing domain registered, then you can add this site to your bindings within IIS.