Let’s be honest. Migrations can feel like standing at the foot of a towering mountain, especially when it comes to the idea of shifting providers or moving to the cloud. It’s like uprooting a well-established tree and ensuring it flourishes in a completely new terrain. But that’s where we step in.
Every migration process is a unique puzzle, with its own variables and characteristics that can twist the narrative positively or negatively. But here’s the good news: We’ve got the secret sauce that makes all the difference - our unbeatable combo of thorough communication and unrivaled expertise.
Below is a guide detailing how we, at xByte Hosting, make the migration process not just bearable, but also satisfyingly seamless. We require your action when it comes to coordination and planning, but rest assured, our top-notch communication and exceptional expertise will make the process pleasant.
Schedule a consultation. Dive deeper into the dynamics of our migration process and experience how we make the complex simple. Welcome to a whole new world with xByte!
Schedule a consultation and learn more about our migration process
Provide documents you have about your current cloud or on-premise infrastructure and the resources required.
- Resources: CPU/RAM/DISK ?
- Any Special Application you run on the server ?
- Any Special Compliance requirements, ie (PCI, Firewall, etc.) ?
- Number of Sites ?
- Where is your DNS ?
- Are you currently using CloudFlare ?
- Does your applications or files require mail to be sent from the server ?
- How do you currently send mail from the server ?
- How is your server locked down ?
- Any Special configuration i.e. (local backups, redirects, development server, etc. we need to be aware of?) ?
We realize migrations take time and should not be rushed allowing ample time for testing, we have a flexible billing option as we onboard customers.
Read our Migrations White Paper and learn more about how to navigate the terrain of cloud migrations.
Moving an organization’s digital assets, applications, and services from on-premise infrastructures or other cloud infrastructures requires a hands-on approach and ongoing open communication with customers.
We understand the complexity each migration brings to the table. All infrastructures or configuration have their own custom setup. Though migrations are not difficult, it’s the custom-tailored solution that creates worry, and uncertainty. We understand risk is the driver of most organizations’ hesitation, but xByte is not looking to just migrate but onboard customers. xByte takes on the heavy lifting!
Plan as far ahead as possible, the more detailed the better.
Make sure your customers are well informed of any possible service interruption and changes they should consider well in advance.
Test each site after uploading the files, importing databases, and updating connection strings to make sure no errors are occurring. Use the Testing URL provided in the email after setting up hosting.
Complete unfinished business, including tightening security on any ports or protocols that do not need to remain open to the public.
- You will receive a welcome email with information about your server.
- With the server/infrastructure now deployed, we will reach out with some details about your migration
- Our migrations are delegated to a specific lead, this team member will be the primary contact
- Our migrations team is primarily available Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
- Schedule go-live: if required after business hours or on weekends, we need advance notice to ensure key team members are available to resynchronize files/databases, etc.
- During our migration, we will provide feedback on any security concerns or optimization that could help your setup be more secure and get peak performance.
We look forward to partnering with you to ensure a successful migration and a smooth transition to xByte as your new cloud provider.